The Northern Suburbs Eurogamers (NSEG) is a regular meetup held at Croxton Park Hotel on selected Sundays (view the current year dates below.
Running since 2012, NSEG is an established group, but we always love playing with new people.
However due to current events, we’re hosting NSEG online rather than face to face, view the NSEG: Social Distancing Editions page for more details.
Where do we play?
The meetup is held at Croxton Park Hotel.
We meet in the Bistro, just near the fireplace, so it’s lovely and warm.
What sort of games do we play?
- Games for beginners (which we call gateway games) like Ticket To Ride, Carcassonne, Splendour, Small World and King of Tokyo.
- Strategy (Euro) games like Power Grid, Lords of Waterdeep, Village, Imperial and Suburbia.
- Thematic games (that involve lots of dice and role play) like Betrayal at House on the Hill and Dead of Winter.
- Party Games (quick and easy games) like Resistance, Spyfall and Time’s Up.
- Card Games like Love Letter, Uno, Fluxx, Bohanza, Red7, Fuji Flush, Munchkin.
And much much more! If you have a game you love, bring it along and show us… maybe we’ve never heard of it and will love it too!
We do a rules explanation before each game (unless everyone has played it before) so don’t worry if you’ve never played (or heard) of any of these games.
How about food and Drinks?
The Croxton’s kitchen has all the pub classics and tasty little bites… check out the Menu.
The bar also serves drinks, both soft and hard… plus tea and coffee.
What Dates is NSEG on?
Here are the 2019 dates for NSEG
Do I have to be a Melbourne Meeples Inc. Member to attend?
No, though if you are not a member, we do ask that you pay a small donation (we suggest $3) to help cover the cost of the games library and the Melbourne Meeples Inc support structure.
And you can always become a member!
How to get there
The Croxton is located at 407 High St, Thornbury.
- By Car: If you’re driving there is a carpark on the opposite side of the road.
- By Tram: you can jump on the Route 86 and get off near Darebin Road (Stop #36) or Woolton Ave (Stop #37.
- By Train: Croxton Railway Station is a brisk 400m walk away.
You can RSVP on Facebook and let us know what games you’re bringing or what you’d like to play.