The Northern Suburbs Eurogamers (NSEG) is a regular meetup held at The Stolberg Beer Cafe on selected Sundays (view the NSEG 2017 dates).
Running since 2012, NSEG is an established group, but we always love playing with new people.
What sort of games do we play?
- Games for beginners (which we call gateway games) like Ticket To Ride, Carcassonne, Splendour, Small World and King of Tokyo.
- Strategy (Euro) games like Power Grid, Lords of Waterdeep, Village, Imperial and Suburbia.
- Thematic games (that involve lots of dice and role play) like Betrayal at House on the Hill and Dead of Winter.
- Party Games (quick and easy games) like Resistance, Spyfall and Time’s Up.
- Card Games like Love Letter, Uno, Fluxx, Bohanza, Red7, Fuji Flush, Munchkin.
And much much more! If you have a game you love, bring it along and show us… maybe we’ve never heard of it and will love it too!
We do a rules explanation before each game (unless everyone has played it before) so don’t worry if you’ve never played (or heard) of any of these games.
How about food and Drinks?
The Stolberg’s kitchen has all the pub classics and tasty little bites… check out the Dinner Menu
Plus there’s $10 Pizzas ($5 for students!).
The bar also serves drinks, both soft and hard… plus tea and coffee.
Do I have to be a Melbourne Meeples Inc. Member to attend?
No, though if you are not a member, we do ask that you pay a small donation (we suggest $3) to help cover the cost of the games library and the Melbourne Meeples Inc support structure.
And you can always become a member!
How to get there
The Stolberg is located at the corner of Bell St and Plenty Road.
- By Car: If you’re driving there is a small gravel carpark next door on the Bell St side and a paved car park on the Plenty Road side.
- By Tram: you can jump on the Route 86 and get off near the corner of Bell and Plenty (Stop #46) [Details at: ].
- By Bus: Board the Route 513 and get off at the corner of Bell and Plenty. You can get on at Coburg, Bell, Glenroy, Watsonia, Greensborough and Eltham stations
- By Train: Bell Station is a brisk 700m walk from the Stolberg.